Favorite Books on Writing
These books have been distilled down from a much larger collection. The book that got me started was Julia Cameron’s The Artist’s Way and the angst-busting practice of morning pages. The most surprising find was Ivana Chubbuck’s The Power of The Actor. Yes, the book works for writing so well I’m almost afraid to share.
- The Artist’s Way by Julia Cameron
- On Writing by Stephen King
- Escaping into The Open by Elizabeth Berg
- Bird by Bird by Anne Lamott
- Writing Down The Bones by Natalie Goldberg
- Hooked by Les Edgerton
- Immediate Fiction by Jerry Cleaver
- Breathing Life into Your Characters by Rachel Ballon, Ph.D.
- Writing for Emotional Impact by Karl Iglesias
- The Power of The Actor by Ivana Chubbuck
- The Fire in Fiction and Writing The Breakout Novel by Donald Maass